This is the Top 10 of the best movies seen in the 47th edition of the Sitges Festival.
It should be noted that a server has not seen all the films of the contest. Some of the most prominent such as «T","Alleluia»Or the audience award«What We Do in the Shadows»Are some of the most outstanding films that do not enter this list, most likely because they have not been seen.
1. 'Goodnight mommy"To Severin Fiala y Veronika franz: Probably one of the films for which this edition of the Sitges Festival will be remembered. The film, very representative of Austrian cinema, recalls the hardest works of Michael Haneke's early stage such as "Funny Games". (Preview and trailer) (Review)
2. 'Fish and cat"To Shahram Mokri: One of the most surprising films of this year, just because of its approach, a sequence shot of more than two hours, it already deserves a place among the best of this edition of the Catalan contest. (Review)
5. 'A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night"To Ana Lily Amirpour. From the United States, although with an Iranian signature, a wonderful film arrived at the Sitges Festival, halfway between the fantastic and the independent cinema USA. (Preview and trailer) (Review)
7. 'Der samurai"To Till kleinert: One of the rarities that you can only find in this type of contest, a great atmosphere for a very surprising film. (Review)
9. 'R100"To Hitoshi Matsumoto: Another strange film that deserves a place among the best of this edition of the Sitges Festival. Certainly not suitable for all audiences. (Preview and trailer) (Review)
10. 'thefives"To Jung Yeon Sik: Although far from modern classics on the theme of revenge, such as the Park Chan-wook trilogy, this film has been the best of this edition of the festival. (Review)
More information - The official section of the Sitges Festival 2014 is completed